Management of non-teaching staff
Management of Non-teaching Staff
Non-teaching staff plays and important role in schools and as such, their recruitment and management should be streamlined so as to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the services they render.
These are some of the non-teaching staff you may have listed
• Grounds men
• Accounts Clerk
• Clerical Officers.
• School Nurse
How do you manage non-teaching staff in your school with reference to:-
• Declare vacant posts through advertisement stating the qualifications required for the post.
• Go through the application.
• Short-list applicants according to their qualification, seniority and experience.
Letters are sent to the successful candidates informing them of the date of appointment, terms and conditions of service and duties to be performed.
• Clarifying the objectives of the assigned duties.
• Giving a schedule of activities.
v) Training and Development
• Undertake Training Needs Assessments (TNA) in order to ensure that performance gaps are revealed and addressed through appropriate training.
vi) Appraisal and Motivation
• Review regularly the performance of duty by staff.
• Paying staff salaries on time.
• Revising the terms and conditions of service whenever the need arises.
• Taking staff for refresher courses
How do principals motivate the workers in view of Free Secondary Education with respect to delayed Free Secondary Education fund?